Innovation Community Research Fund Showcase
We have recently held an Innovation Community Research Fund competition, which was an opportunity for collaborative research projects to apply for kick-starter funding and a share of £10,000. We were due to have a showcase event with presentations from each of the shortlisted projects to outline their aims and objectives, which would be judged by a cross-faculty panel. Unfortunately, we can no longer hold this event in person due to the closure of non-essential University facilities, but will still be holding the event via Zoom.
The event will take place from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm on Thursday 23 April, and you are welcome to attend for as long as you like.
The presentation schedule is as follows:
- Presentations and Q&A (10:30am – 12:00pm)
- Engineering the fabrics of the future
- Advanced material filament production and recycling for sustainable 3D printing
- Additive manufacturing, characterisation and modelling of polymer syntactic foam composites
- Robotic grasping and manipulation for agricultural and horticultural applications
- Teen-Machine Interface: Science outreach for preteens and teens using 3D design, printing and visualisation
- Enhancing non-destructive evaluation with virtual reality (ENDEVR)
- Panel break out and decide on project funding (12:00pm – 12:30pm)
- Funding winners announced (12:30pm)
You can register to attend the event via the Eventbrite link below. Upon registering you will be forwarded the Zoom link and password.