Pure Awards Management (W)
Updated implemented the Pure Awards Management Module to the University’s Pure system. Find out more at: https://www.staffnet.manchester.ac.uk/pure/researchers/amm/
We originally intended to:
- Manage the creation and tracking of grant and contract applications and awards in Pure, improving transparency of information for the whole research team.
- Improve the ability for Research Services teams to manage funding processes through reduced duplication of data input and sharing of information across teams.
- Enable Heads of School and other approvers to complete funding application approval online and have visibility of activity in the pipeline.
- Improve control and compliance with funder terms and conditions through digital storage of associated documentation.
- Improve management information around research applications and awards.
We plan to deliver:
- Replacing multiple inefficient paper-based processes with online application, approval and award management processes.
- Improve tracking, transparency and status reporting throughout a project from idea to outputs and outcomes. Providing a shared environment across the research team, Research Services, Contracts and others.
- Decommission five legacy systems and the retirement of one other.
- Consolidated, online interface and digital document storage and retrieval to ensure compliance with funder terms and conditions.
- Support the delivery of the Research Lifecycle Programme and adherence to overarching principles.
- The introduction of new, standardised business processes associated with applying for and securing external research and associated funding.
- The implementation of a Researcher-centric system enabling the viewing and management of research projects, applications and awards alongside other related research information (Such as a Researcher’s CV, Activities, Research Outputs, Press/Media appearances, Prizes, Impacts etc.).
Project Manager: Malcolm Brown