Databases for research (N1)
We intend to:
- Create the infrastructure to provide databases and data management as a service.
We plan to deliver:
- The provision of databases to cater for different types of data. The following are in scope SQL data, noSQL data, Graph and Linked data, and GeoSpatial data.
- Lab notebooks.
- Consistent way to manage and curate data, for now and the future.
- Avoidance of loss of data assets due to changes in staff changes in software.
- Better security in managing data.
- Better understanding of the diversity of data assets.
- Create the possibility of leveraging compatible datasets.
- Future proofing data access through stopping the proliferation of databases within the enterprise.
- Lower the cost of managing data.
- Improve teaching activities through enabling access to researcher data assets in a consistent and controlled manner.
Project Manager: Daniel Sanchez