Enhancing support for research: End-to-end processes (A)
We intend to:
- Streamline processes across the research administration pathway
- Improve the transition from pre to post-award
- Increase transparency across the research lifecycle
- Improve management of ethics approvals and compliance.
We plan to deliver:
- A defined set of research pathways and redesigned end-to-end processes
- Case management tools and workflow, integrated with other systems such as the costing tool, finance and HR
- Reduced reputational and non-compliance risk
- More staff time to focus on core tasks and value-adding roles, and better Management Information to make better informed decisions
- Efficiency resulting in lower cost per research programme for transactional activity, freeing up time for improved support
- Improved opportunities to apply for more funds, as Research Support Managers will be able to dedicate more time to this.
- 2019 – 2022
Project Manager: Caroline Martin